What I do
- Through books, exhibitions and this website I present old pictures and the fates of central European photographers who have passed into oblivion.
- I teach history of photography at the Film and TV School of Academy of Performing Arts in Prague (since 1990).
- I have been photographing since I was a child, and began to use a digital camera in 1994.
- Since 1996 I have shared my photographic experience on a regular basis with readers of the prestigious magazine FotoVideo, a member of EISA (European Imaging and Sound Association).
- I have actively pursued the world of digital photography since 1985, for I perceived digitization as an ideal way to conserve the visual value of old photographs.
- I was the first in the Czech Republic to produce, in cooperation with other authors, digitally processed art photographs. The pictures were displayed at two solo exhibitions as early as 1989.
- I run digital photography courses at Centrum FotoŠkoda (since 2003) and organise photography workshops.
- I have taken part in several projects to conserve the photographic heritage of past generations (The Electronic Museum of Photography, The National Museum of Photography, České foto).